WHO WE ARE
MineMR is a boutique brand consultancy that generates business insights based on custom market research. We collect consumer voices through our tailored research projects, uncover stories from the data, and provide actionable insights to industry leaders. Our insights often translate into business and marketing strategies you see in market.
The founders, Ji Young and Dai, have 20+ years of experience working in the market research industry, splitting our time between the client side and supplier side of the business. Over the years, we have executed over 200 research projects for hundreds of global businesses. Currently, we serve as a strategic partner to a wide range of cross-industry clients including Pandora Online Radio, Lyft, TransUnion, Insomniac, Radio Korea, and some of the largest ad agencies in the country.
WHAT WE DO
We serve as an extension of our client’s marketing or consumer insights team. Tailored to business goals, we custom design research for specific business challenges that need to be solved. Each research project is executed with the utmost care and attention to detail. Once the data have been collected, we take a creative and rigorous approach to interpreting insights, developing strategies, and crafting solutions that generate business results.
ANALYST, QUANTITATIVE & QUALITATIVE – LOS ANGELES, CA
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a motivated research analyst who is eager to be part of our growth. The person must be inquisitive, interested in learning how to do superior research. A high level of skill sets and excellent communication skills are required to manage an incredibly diverse slate of work, clients, and partners. Flexibility to work on multiple projects, a natural aptitude for organization, and deadline-driven deliverable creation are equally important in this fast-paced environment. We are looking for someone who can deliver amidst the dynamic nature of workload and pace inherent in a client service business.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a young startup going through substantial growth, the team is tightly run by industry veterans. You can expect there is ample opportunity to learn and grow every day. Training is very “hands on” and you will work directly with the founders of the company. You will be empowered with all the training to control a range of projects by managing suppliers, analyzing and interpreting data and providing engaging, actionable insights for our clients. MineMR offers full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
- Handle logistics for quantitative research projects, including maintaining organization and timelines among the internal team, scheduling and planning research engagements, monitoring fielding (with the ability and desire to learn how to manage both “up” and “down”).
- Build relationships with vendor partners, including managing quality control, approving coding lists, negotiating prices, and providing clear instructions.
- Test survey links (including testing for spelling, grammar, logic skips, and translation copies).
- Create data instructions for processing and analysis (data tabulation specs, banner plans, code frames).
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart and table creation in Excel or PowerPoint.
- With direction and support, assist with writing survey questionnaires, writing questions that use clear phrasing and proper spelling/grammar, and making sure all response options are mutually exclusive and exhaustive.
- Take detailed notes during client calls and meetings.
- Be able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the fly. Proactively identify issues and suggest solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
- As you grow in the position, you can look forward to more client contact, an increased role in business development and proposal writing/methodology creation, and a leading role in managing a project from start to finish.
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Assist proposal creation by collecting vendor costs and creating case studies
- Create infographics and short writeups for the company blog
- Contribute to company initiatives, ideas, and activities
ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE ITEMS:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent writing/communication skills.
- Strong organizational/logistics skills including time management.
- Be a quick learner.
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic.
- Professional, able to interact with vendors and clients.
- Positive, “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take a big picture idea and run with it.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
NICE-TO- HAVE ITEMS:
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills and ability to create slides/graphs/charts that convey key research findings in clear and compelling ways.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience, social science/research background is preferred, although college graduates with relevant internship experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of SPSS or other analytical software is a big plus.
- An eye for design a plus, but not required.
- Proficiency (written and spoken) in a second language, desired but not required.